The interconnection between bad governance and conflict presents an enormous challenge to peace and...
Media pluralism and Development is the programme response that shapes PEA’s interventions to improve...
PEAs focus countries are typical third world countries characterized by among other things, killer d...
The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child defines a child as “a human being below the...
Panos Eastern Africa exists to address the information needs of the poor and the marginalized, create media visibility of their concerns and inform policy debate through building the capacity of the media and civil society, conducting research; communicating, disseminating and documenting development information.
“To be a leader in information and communication for development in Eastern Africa where an informed and empowered people live in peace and harmony with capacity to improve the quality of their lives.”.
- Integrity: We are committed to integrity, accuracy and authority in our information outputs and activities
- Modesty: We believe and practice a culture of modesty
- Excellence: We are committed to excellence and adherence to the highest standards and innovation in all our activities and outputs
- Discipline: We exercise and uphold discipline in all our undertakings as an organization
- Commitment: We are committed to the attainment of our vision and values
- Honesty: We uphold honesty in practice and service delivery
- Compassion: We are guided by compassion as we offer services to the vulnerable members of the society
- Equity, equality and non-racial: We believe in a more equitable world and oppose all forms of discrimination and actively promote gender and racial equality and equity. We are committed to promotion of equal opportunity through information generation and dissemination and capacity building in all our activities
- Accountability, transparency and openness: We are committed to a culture of transparency, accountability and openness and transparency with our members and partners.